Dear COLBA Members,
As we approach the end of and reflect on 2020, one thing is for certain – it was a year filled with challenges. All of us have adjusted to new ways of working and managing all aspects of our lives. Many of us also unfortunately endured great loss, but I sense we are also filled with great hope. We have learned what is truly important in our lives, and every day we are continually learning to adjust and adapt to the best of our ability.
Despite only being able to hold one live programming event in January, I am proud that COLBA was able to pivot and provide virtual events including a Cinco de Mayo industry panel and a follow up session with economist Andrew Busch. We WERE able to provide one other live event, that being our annual golf outing which could not have happened without the heroic efforts by the dynamic duo of golf event chairman emeritus Eric Kunkel and our Executive Director Audrey Lakin. A sincere thank you to all who attended, participated in, and supported these events.
As we turn to 2021, we are hopeful and optimistic for a positive and healthy year. I thank you on behalf of the entire COLBA Board for continuing to make COLBA the top commercial real estate organization in Chicago. Our membership is strong and represent the best of the best that our industry offers – we are Chicago strong!
Some great events already planned:
- The ever-popular sparring match Tenant vs. Landlord Panel will take place on January 14 at 4:00 pm. This event will be broadcast live with virtual attendance (but cocktails are required!) Thank you to 155 N. Wacker for sponsoring this popular event and look out for the invitation in your in-box in the coming days.
* Pay your 2021 COLBA dues and enter to win part of $2021 in prizes at the conclusion of this event *
- Len Kasper, former TV voice of the Chicago Cubs and the new voice of the Chicago White Sox, will share his many stories with us in early February. This virtual luncheon event will be sponsored by Tishman Speyer with more details to follow in the new year.
- The Annual Golf Outing at Sunset Ridge Country Club will be held on Monday, June 21st, so reserve that date now as early dues payment helps to get a spot at this perennially SOLD-OUT event. Translation – don’t mess with Kunks!
Regarding 2021 Dues, the COLBA Board has elected to revised past dues of $300.00 as follows:
- $150 for renewing members in good standing
- $200 for new members
- Membership renewals will be emailed in the new year, but you can pay your dues online here.
We are often asked “Why Join COLBA?”
COLBA is the premier commercial real estate organization in downtown Chicago! Since its inception in 1982, COLBA members and leaders represent the most active and respected real estate firms in the Chicago area.
Your continued commitment to COLBA enables us to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information regarding the real estate market and business as a whole
- Support efforts in education and charitable endeavors
- Provide a social network that unites brokers to promote common business interests
- … and, you can win some great prizes along the way from our generous sponsors!
The COLBA Board is committed to maintaining and strengthening the organization’s focus on relevant issues and topics affecting the commercial real estate office leasing market and industry.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year! I am honored and look forward to serving you once again.
Dan Maslauski – COLBA President 2021